We have been working on our plans for return to school in September and wanted to share some important initial information with you well in advance. To provide care for students new to both elementary and high school, and to ease the transition for the youngest students in each building, we are planning a special time for these students on Tuesday, September 7. Here are the details by grade level:
- Kindergarten: All kindergarten students are welcome to drop in from 9:30 – 10:30 for an Open House to meet their teachers. Parents are invited to join their children during this drop-in time!
- Grades 1 – 3: All new primary students are invited to a special drop-in Open House from 9:30 – 10:30 to find and visit their classroom and meet their teachers. Parents, you are invited to bring your children during that drop-in one-hour visiting time. Returning Grade 1-3 Students are invited to do the same from 10:30 – 11: 30. New students are welcome to join returning students during this second hour of the Open House if they prefer.
- Grades 4 – 7: All new students are invited to a drop-in Open House from 9:30 – 10:30 to visit their classrooms and meet their teachers. Parents are also invited to join them during this time.
- Grade 8: All students (both new to PCS and moving from Grade 7) should attend from 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM. They will meet teachers and classmates, have an orientation to the high school, and get organized with lockers and locks.
- Grade 9-12: Meeting for new students in Grades 9-12 from 11:00 – 12:00 PM. Students will meet counselors and administrators, tour the school, and have a chance to select a locker.
We ask that returning Grades 4 – 12 students do not come to the school on Tuesday unless they have been invited by staff who are organizing the welcome for new students. Please allow staff and student volunteers to focus their efforts on helping our new students get settled.
Wednesday, September 8, grades 1 – 12 will return for a full day of classes. Please note that this will be on our “late start” schedule, which means staggered arrival for students from 9:00 – 9:10.
Our school timetable this year is as follows:
- Grades K – 12:
M, T, Th, and Fri 8:25 – 8:35 (staggered arrival) to 2:55 (no staggered dismissal), Wednesdays 9:00 – 9:10 (staggered arrival) to 2:55
We’re anticipating that the Ministry of Education will release detailed school startup guidelines in the next couple of weeks and we will provide additional information after we’ve reviewed these. We appreciate your patience as we continue to fine tune things to ensure a safe and great start to our school year.
We continue to pray that our entire school community enjoys a needed season of rest.
The PCS Team