THURSDAY, May 23, 2019
- CONCESSION: Check the signs in Concession for more details.
- VOTING FOR THE VALIDICTORIAN will take place today between 8 am and 11 am in the lobby or at the office counter.
- CLOTHING SWAP FRIDAY MAY 24TH: Get ready to declutter, get new clothes, save money and have fun with the secondary school Clothing Swap on Friday, May 24. Secondary students are encouraged to drop off clean, unwanted clothes in good condition the lobby on the morning of the swap and be prepared to take home any donated clothes they like at lunch, free of cost. Any leftovers will be donated to Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Victoria. See you there.
- “THE PCS MUSICAL THEATRE CLASS INVITES YOU TO “OUR FAVOURITE THINGS”, May 27 & 28, a cabaret evening of music, food and beverage with a coffeehouse ambiance. Suggested donation of $5. Music Room at 7:30 pm, PCS Music Room. “
- WORSHIP LEADERSHIP 2019/2020: If you are interested in joining the Worship Leadership Class for next year, there will be auditions after school from Tues, June 4 – Thurs, June 6. There will be a sign-up sheet in the office with time slots for you to choose from. Please sign up and also take an information sheet that will be available next to it. If you have any questions, you can talk to Mrs. Roosma.
- CRAFT Club: Bring your lunch and your craft to the Home Ec room for some crafting and chatting every Thursday at lunch!
- NUMERACY ASSESSMENT JUNE 2019: In the lobby, you will find a list of students who are scheduled to write the Numeracy Assessment in June. For the most part, that list is composed of people who are taking Pre-Calculus 11 this semester and all Grade 10 students. If you would like your name added (haven’t written it yet, or want to rewrite) or removed (have already written it), please contact the office ASAP. Remember that writing the Numeracy Assessment is a graduation requirement. The Numeracy Assessment will be scheduled in four sessions: AM and PM of Friday, June 21 and AM and PM on Monday, June 24. Sign up lists will be on the counter at some future point. Watch for that in future morning announcements. Please direct all questions to Mr. Slofstra.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: Looking to get your 30 hours of volunteering done over the summer?We are looking for eight volunteers for a Japanese short-term program from July 22nd to July 30th. This program will include classroom activities AND fieldtrips. If you are interest, please see Mr. Myers or Mr. Ryan.
- NEW YORK TRIP 2019: the following people have yet to turn in a colour (if possible) copy of their passport:
Lucy , Payton , Kaden, and Linda. Please bring as soon as possible to the office ATTN: Lorna Sainsbury. Thank you.
- THE ENCOUNTERS CANADA 2019-20 PROGRAM: is now live on the website. For those of you who haven’t talked with the many PCS students who have participated with this incredible opportunity, Encounters with Canada is a unique opportunity for Canadian teens to meet other young people from across the country. Spend an adventure-filled week in your nation’s capital! There are still spaces left for Experience Canada, June26-July 02. The price is $750 for all sessions including Experience Canada. For more info go to: https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/en or speak with one of the school counsellors.
- INDIGENOUS MINI-UNIVERSITY SUMMER CAMP: The Indigenous Student Mini-University is a week-long summer camp for Indigenous youth entering grades 9 – 12. The camp takes place July 8-12, 2019 and is an exciting on-campus experience filled with academic, physical, creative, cultural and social activities. You’ll spend five days learning about university life and exploring your future educational options. Mini-U is open to Indigenous students (First Nations, status/non-status, Métis and Inuit) who reside in BC.
find an application form
- Or for more information please contact the Mini-University Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for submitting your application is June 7th, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
- LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO INVEST AND EXPLORE? Look at the new “Student Opportunities” tab, located on the school’s website under “Student Services”.
- SENIOR GIRLS RUGBY UPDATE: Our next game is Monday, May 27 at Esquimalt at 3:45. Leave class at 2:55! Let Mrs. Low and Mr. Olsen know if you can’t make it. Also, check your email for details about the upcoming tournament on May 31!
- GIRLS’ 3 VS. 3 CHAMPIONSHIP: Last week to compete, ladies, so lace up your shoes right away on Thursday and we’ll get started to crown this year’s champion!
- BOYS 3 V 3 BASKETBALL: Congratulations to the 76ers, and team members Marcus, Owen, and Brandon this year’s Boys 3v3 champions!
- JR/SR BOYS BASKETBALL SKILLS: Next session will be tonight from 7:30-9pm in the new campus gym. Coach
- DROP-IN VOLLEYBALL: Coach Imee is hosting another Friday session of Volleyball Academy this week. Meet in the gym after school Friday, then work on skills and play until about 4:30pm. Any questions can be directed to Imee.
- JR BOYS VOLLEYBALL: All grade 8/9 boys who want to play volleyball next year please come to a meeting Thursday at lunch in room 224. Coach Jackson and John.
- TRI 8/9: Reminder that we have a swim Thursday.
- VOTING FOR THE VALEDICTORIAN will take place today between 8 am and 11 am in the lobby or at the office counter.
- Check the notice boards by Library: PCS SCHOLARSHIPS: Remember to check out the variety of scholarships awarded by PCS. These scholarships have a June deadline. Also available on PCS website.
- CREDIT CHECK: If you haven’t yet met with a counsellor to review your credits, you should. This is especially true if you’ve withdrawn from a course or in some other way not successfully completed a course. Let’s avoid unpleasant surprises at the end of the school year.
- CHANGE of DATE: UVic Registration 101 will be at PCS on May 28th from 6:30 to 8:00 not May 29th. If you are heading to UVic in September, this is an evening you should not miss. Questions about how to select courses for your first year, as well as other things that you might not be clear about, can be addressed. Don’t miss this event.
- DRY GRAD QUESTIONS: Parent Contacts: Hollis Hodson, Karen Jackson, Andrea Loussarian, Alexa Mischuk, & Dana Welch.
- GRAD DANCE LESSONS : Want to learn how to dance for Grad? Register for drop in lessons offered at PCS Saturdays from 10 to 11 am (May 25, June 8, 15, and perhaps 25). It is $10 per lesson. If you want to participate, please contact Felitia Truter at 250.686.7932, or email at email@example.com. Numbers are required ASAP!