Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- CONCESSION 2019-20: Perogies with sour cream and onions – $6
- NUMERACY ASSESSMENT – Any students who have written the Provincial Numeracy Assessment but would like to re-write, see Mr. Kremler. All current Grade 11 & 12 students who have not yet written the Numeracy Assessment need to write. All students writing the Numeracy Assessment need to be registered, so be sure to check in with Mr. Kremler.
- ELEVATOR USE: by permission only. A reminder that we have students who need the elevator in order to make their way around the school, especially between classes. Please be considerate, and only use the elevator with permission from a staff member.
- UPDATE YOUR LOCKER NUMBER: Did you change your locker since September? Please complete the locker info sheet in the office today. The following students, please give your locker number to the office today:
- Grade 9: Abbey C, Hayden F, Polore O, Santiago S, Willem S
- Grade 10: Nora B, Fernanda C, Sam H, Cameron M, Amelia M, Anny Q, Marshall R, Sophie S, Isaiah W
- Grade 11: Sarah G, Abigail H, Tipoto O, Katrina P, Meghan R, Tais T
- Grade 12: Gareth C, Fogwe F, Samuel H, Cole J, Talon K, Caitlyn L, Jaime R, Yoonah S, Elizabeth T, David Y, Jason Y, Amy Z
- STUDENT DRIVERS: Permission to park in the PCS parking lot is required for ALL students. You may do so by annually completing a PCS Student Driver’s Form, as per the Saanich Police. Pick-up a form from the office today.
- WEST COAST TRAIL 2020 – If you are in Grade 11 and you would like to hike the West Coast Trail in May, you will need to come to an information meeting on Wednesday, October 23 at 8:15 pm. The meeting will be held on the night of Parent-Teacher conferences in Room 147. Please note that in order to be considered for this trip; both you and a parent or guardian must attend. Please see Mr. Mossie for more information.
- PHOTO RE-TAKE DAY: Thursday, October 24. For all students and staff who did not have their photos taken (every student is required to have a photo) and for those who desire to do a re-take. Order pamphlets are in the office. Orders to be completed BEFORE picture day: mylifetouch.ca, using Picture Day ID: QU019082Q0.
- ART COLLEGES FAIR: St. Michaels University School has invited all PCS high school students who are interested in learning more about studying visual arts, design, and fashion at a post-secondary institution to attend their Art College Fair on November 13th from 6 – 7:30 pm. Fifteen leading Art Colleges and Universities from across Canada and the United States will be presenting their programs and answering questions. If you would like to attend or would like more information, please speak with Mrs. Jacobson or Ms. McKerracher.
- THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS PLEASE COME TO THE OFFICE:
- Pick up a Message: Thien Tran
- Grad Info: Rachel C, Michael D, Santiago G, Finn J, Cole J, Alexa M, Anna Mc, Aidan M, Sophia R, Josiah T
- LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO INVEST AND EXPLORE? The “Student Opportunities” tab is located on the school’s website under “Student Services”.
- A MESSAGE FROM LEADERSHIP CLASS: This October our
secondary school is partnering with Sanctuary Youth Centre by bottle-drive
fundraising and making winter care-packages for the street entrenched and
at-risk youth of our city. Our goal is to assemble 100 care-packages at the end
of October, and raise 1-month of bottle-drive money. We need donations.
- Each package needs 1 Hoodie, 1 Pair of Socks, 1 Notebook, 1 Pencil or Pen, 1 reusable shopping bag.
- At the end of October, we hope to deliver 100 packages and our bottle-drive donation to Sanctuary Youth Centre, downtown.
- What can you do? From Sept 24th – October 24th
1 – Place your recyclable bottles and cans in the donation boxes by the Home-Ec room
2 – Bring a new (or like-new) winter hoodie
3 – Bring a new pair of winter socks
4 – Bring a new (or like-new) notebook and pen/pencil
- – Bring a clean reusable shopping bag
- Drop off all donated items to Mr. Ruch’s room (224 – by the main office)
- Keep an eye out for our thermometers in the lobby to see how close we are to our goal.
- SGBB: Practice on Wed 3:15 – 4:30 pm in the HS gym
- 8GBB: Practice in the new gym from 3:15-4:30 today.
- SR. BOYS SOCCER: meet in gym today at noon for important meeting regarding the Christian Schools tournament this weekend.
- JR. & SR. BOYS BASKETBALL: Combined team meetings on Tuesday at the start of lunch in Mr. Reems’ room. Any questions, see Coach Kremler.
- ROWING: See Mr. Van Bruggen or Ms. Gerlinsky if you
have any questions. Practice times:
- Mon and Thurs 4:00 to 6:30 pm. Crews launch coach boats at 3:40 and crew boats at 4:00
- Sat 8:00-10:30 am – sign boat and crew in for all on water training
- Tue 3:20-4:40 pm – dryland training at PCS
GRAD UPDATES AND INFORMATION: Make sure to follow @ pcsgrad2020 on Instagram for important announcements and ways for you to get involved and offer input. Send your questions/comments to email@example.com