Monday, January 20, 2020
- CONCESSION: Spaghetti, Salad, and Garlic Bread – $6.
- CLIMBING CLUB If you missed the meeting and would still like to join the Climbing Club, please see Mrs. Roosma. All permission forms need to be in to the office by Monday, Jan 20, or you will not be in the club!
- ATTENTION ONE AND ALL! The Sr. Girls basketball team is hosting 14 other teams at their Christian Schools tournament this weekend. We need you help to score-keep all day Friday and Saturday in both gyms. Please sign up on Mr. Stewart’s door today!
- VOLLEYBALL – HELP NEEDED: Coach Alcorn is looking for someone who would be able to help with one of our 6/7 girls Competitive volleyball teams (no volleyball expertise required!). All 6/7 teams play Tripleball to promote development… Which is awesome BUT it is much easier to coach with two people as a coach is required to toss. Our coaches are doing great but are spread a little thin. If you would be able to help out for the next 6 Tuesdays for games that would make a world of difference! Please see Ms. Alcorn or talk to Mr. Kremler if you can help.
- GRADE 10: Your Science 10 and English 10 teachers have shown you when you are scheduled to take the NUMERACY and/or LITERACY ASSESSMNENTS. Each session is fully booked, so be sure to know when you are scheduled and arrive on time! Bring a calculator for Numeracy, and pens/pencils to both. Lists are also posted on the office counter, office window, and foyer bulletin board.
- GRADE 11 & 12 – YOUTH LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE: Youth Leadership Challenge (YLC) is a day-long competition (in Vancouver), consisting of three core activities focused on building leadership skills. The event is open to all grade 11 and 12 students across BC, with 16-24 youth are accepted for registration into the program. Visit www.youthleadershipchallenge.ca for more information or to apply. Application deadline is Feb 7.
- 2020 SAANICH ADVISORY COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – YOUTH REPRESENTATIVES: (16 – 24 years) on various advisory committees. Application forms are available on line at saanich.ca. Anyone interested in being considered for such an appointment in 2020 must complete an application form and submit it with a resume to the Legislative Services division by Friday, January 31, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
- LOCKER UPDATE: If you have switched your locker or your name is below, please update your information in the Office on the Locker Update Sheet. Thank you.
- THE JGBB team traveled to Nanaimo to compete in the Dover Secondary Provincial Qualifier tournament. Mr Mossie skillfully navigated the team through snow and heavy rains to get them to their games on time. Of the three challenging games, the highlight was game #2 against the host school. At the end of the fourth quarter, and with two minutes remaining, the score was 30 all. The Pacers battled hard, and with skillful determination, won 37-31. Congrats to all players for achieving 6th place. Shout-outs to the sharpshooters: Erin, Hilary, Eden, and Abby E, and to the skillful defenders: Fernanda, Peyton, and Sophia. An extra big “ow ow” to the Grade Eight “Abbys” (who were little powerhouses that led surprise attacks and scored important baskets.
- SENIOR GIRLS BASKETBALL REPORT: The Pacers made history this weekend as they took home the Police tournament trophy, beating Lambrick Park 85-70. The team knocked down three pointers, closed the ranks on defense, and battled in a physical game for the championship. Such humble, gracious champions! Thank you to all the fans who came out to watch! Mr. Stewart’s dad began the Police association over 50 years ago, and John Lane (who works with our teams) formed the Police tournament out of that association 49 years ago. While we have been in the final a number of times, yesterday was the first time the Pacers have won. By the way, the Pacers also dominated the three-point competition with Addy and Kailey both making the finals and Kailey downing 20 for the win, and Noah won on the boys’ side; it was awesome to have such great representation! All-Star for the tournament: Ella; MVP: Addy. Stay tuned this week as we host Christian Schools! It will be very competitive! We need scorekeepers (sign up on Mr. Stewart’s door); it’s the best seats in the house!
- GRADE 8 BOYS VOLLEYBALL: Practice Thursday 3:20-4:30 in the HS Gym.
- GRADE 8 GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: Practice Tuesday 3:20-4:30 in the HS Gym.
- GRADE 8 BOYS BASKETBALL: All players are asked to return their jerseys to Mr. Kremler as soon as possible.
- SCHOLARSHIP HUNTING?
- Check out the Financial Aid pages of the institution(s) you are applying to
- Check with parents/guardians to see if their employer offers scholarships
- Check with your employer to see if they offer scholarships
- Check with your bank/credit union to see if they offer scholarships
- Check out Scholarships Canada website and register for online updates
- See Mr. Tuffin
- GRAD UPDATES AND INFORMATION: Make sure to follow @pcsgrad2020 on Instagram for important announcements and ways for you to get involved and offer input. Send your questions/comments to email@example.com
LOST & FOUND: Check the area under the stairs by the gym entrance
- LOST: Grey Columbia zip-up jacket. Please return to the office if found.
- FOUND: Two 10 X 12 Rubbermaid containers. May be picked-up at the HS Office.