TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2021
- COVID SAFETY: Officials are advising that now is a time to be extra aware of the practices we have to reduce the spread of Covid-19. There have been some recent school exposures in Victoria and Duncan, and we need to do all we can to keep our school community safe. Please be sure you are doing the following:
- daily health check for symptoms – and stay home if you feel unwell (contact 811 for a health assessment)
- wash (or sanitize) hands frequently
- wear your mask in all common areas (please don’t wait to be told to do this, it is just expected now)
- do not linger in halls/stairwells/bathrooms/etc. Breaks are to be outdoors in your grade’s designated area (unless a teacher has given you permission to be in their classroom).
Thank you. We understand that these measures have been in place a long time, but they are required by the health authority and are meant to keep you and the whole school as safe as possible.
- YEARBOOK CLASS REMINDER: See you after school today at 2:30! Please let me (Mrs. Tuffin) know if you can’t make it. Thanks!
- REPORT CARD ENVELOPES DUE INTO THE OFFICE: Reminder to please bring in the signed envelopes to the office, keep your report card at home.
- LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT REWARD TO YOURSELF for making it through this unprecedented year? Look no further! What you really need is a yearbook! The yearbook class has been busy documenting the classes and activities of the year and the book will be delivered in June. This awesome book is $65 before January 31st, or $70 if you wait until after to buy. You will need to buy online this year, so google “Pacific Christian School Jostens Yearbook” and it will take you to the page where you can buy your book! There is also a link in the PCS Thumbnail that your parents get.
- GRADE 12 STUDENTS: Check the Grad 2021 Google classroom for post-secondary information.
- A REMINDER FROM GRAD EXEC: to all the Grads to follow the PCS Grad Instagram account (@pcsgrad2021) for updates on grad events, grad wear, announcements, and polls.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Remember to order your transcripts through the Ministry of Education. Check the link in Mr. Tuffin’s classroom for instructions. If you’re not sure what to do, see Mr. Tuffin.
- CAREER LIFE booklets: The following students either need to submit their booklet, or have further work to do in order to receive 2 credits for the Career Life Education course from Grade 11: Oliver Dai, Elias Greene, Leanne Grover, Abi Hayek, Billy Jiang, Jaden Martinez, Meghan Ross, Daniel Sing, Saryn Toews, Regina Utrilla, Jason Zhu and Taylor Zhu. See Mr. Kremler if you have any questions. This is a graduation requirement!
- Gr. 8 Girls Basketball: Practice on Wednesday from 2:45-4:15 in the Yak gym.
- Volleyball tba: watch the announcements for information.
- The Running Club will be starting again with the goal of preparing for the TC10km. This year, the annual event will be a virtual run – meaning that we will be running a route in our school area. Mr. Mossie and Ms. Webster will be sharing more details soon. Today’s run: a lil’ 3 km for some, 4-5km for others. We will meet in Ms. Webster’s room at 2 40. The club meets on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays. Attendance is what works for you!
ITEMS IN THE OFFICE FOR PICK-UP:
- Elias G, Austin G, Jared M, Katrina P, Jake T
PCS COMMUNITY CARE:
- REMINDER: Because of our Covid protocols, the school building is not open before or after school. On Wednesday mornings, first entry for regular classes is at 9 AM (with staggered arrival between 9:00 and 9:20). Please plan your arrival time accordingly.
- POSSIBLE INDOOR BREAK/LUNCH DAYS: The default for breaks is outdoors; we’ll let you know if the weather requires an indoor break. Please remember classes from other grade cohorts are in process, be aware of the hallway noise levels.
Grade 12: upper floor
Grade 11: middle floor
Grade 10: upper floor
Grade 9: middle floor
Grade 8 Breaks:
Grade 8: Basement or middle floor at morning break,
Gym (at lunch)
Three very important things to note:
1) There are always classes in session when you are on break.
2) Please sit or stand on one side of the hall to allow movement on the other.
3) When you are not eating, please wear your mask.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: may be found at myPCS.ca.
LOST AND FOUND:
- The Lost and Found is located under the stairs near the Gym Doors.
LOST: a pair of Apple Air pods in a pink/coral case. Please return to the office, or let Mr. Kremler know if you have seen/heard anything.