FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2018
(Announcements may be found at: mypcs.ca)
- CONCESSION: STIR-FRY-DAY. Check posted concessions signs for menu details.
- LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO INVEST AND EXPLORE? Take a look at the new “Student Opportunities” tab, located on the school’s website under “Student Services”.
- MATH COMPETITION: The grade 9, 10, and 11 Waterloo Math Competition is taking place on Tuesday, February 26. If you would like to participate, please be sure to register with Mr. Bos, Mrs. Mathewson or your current Math teacher. Registration deadline is February 8.
- JGBB: They did it. City Champions! Yesterday, the JGBB played a smart game against Claremont in the City championship match hosted by Vic High. After a close first half, the Pacers had a small lead 25-23, but in the second half, they continued to increase that lead thanks to excellent teamwork and defense, and well executed plays. Shout out to Addy for scoring FIVE three point shots (the girl was on fire) and for Jenna, Kailey, Tara, Annika, Hillary, and Kim, plus Ella sinking every free throw, all being consistent, determined, and skilled players. Final score – PCS 59…Claremont – 46! Ow Ow! Next weekend – Islands Championships. Stay tuned for more info.
- GRADE 8 BOYS AND GIRLS BASKETBALL: Please return jerseys to Mr. Kremler.
- JR. BOYS BASKETBALL: Next practice is today after school (3:30-5:00 pm) in the Secondary school gym.
Players: Meet in in Mr. Reems’ room at the start of lunch today. Bring your lunch. Coach
- GRADE 8 BOYS & GIRLS VOLLEYBALL:. Next practice for both teams will be today at lunch.
- U15 GIRLS BASKETBALL: tba Coach Kremler
- GRAD PHOTOS: are available for pick-up in the office.
- THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS HAVE NOT HANDED IN THEIR SALMON-COLOURED TEACHER SELECTION FORM (AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE) FOR THEIR GRAD CONVERSATIONS:
- Melanie, James, and Joshua.
- BC EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP: Applications for the BC Excellence Scholarship are due February 15, 2019. Information on these and other scholarships are available on the Provincial Scholarships Program Information for Students web page
- PATHWAY TO TEACHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP: Applications for the Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship are due February 15, 2019. Information on these and other scholarships are available on the Provincial Scholarships Program Information for Students web page.
- DRY GRAD QUESTIONS: Parent Contacts: Hollis Hodson, Karen Jackson, Andrea Loussarian, Alexa Mischuk, and Dana Welch.
LOST AND FOUND
- FOUND: Sports watch, found in the Gym, to see if it might be yours please come to the office.
- FOUND: Silver Necklace, to see if it might be yours please come to the office.
- FOUND: A gold ring with gemstone, to see if it might be yours please come to the office.