Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- COVID-19 AND PCS: You may have heard about a Covid exposure at PCS Elementary so we just wanted to send out some reassurances about the steps we’re all taking.
- As we continue to wear masks, sanitize and wash our hands, and keep an appropriate distance from others, we are all helping to minimize the spread of Covid-19 in our community.
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, stay home or go home and contact a health care provider or call 8-1-1 about your symptoms.
- Stay safe and thanks for looking after one another.
- KEEP TAKING CARE!! Covid numbers continue to increase in our community, and there are new school exposures daily. We need to diligently follow safety protocols. The most important things you can do include:
- keep a distance between yourself and others; spread out!
- wear your mask indoors, outdoors after school (and, we’d also advise it any time you aren’t distanced outdoors, even with your learning group).
- hand-wash & sanitize.
- always do your daily health check and stay home if you are sick.
Thank you for taking care!
- FAITH AND WORK CONFERENCE: BC Chrsitian Academy is hosting a Faith & Work conference on Saturday, May 1; the theme is “Equipping Future Leaders,” and there will be presenters who are leaders in a variety of fields. You can find more information and links to register (it’s free) through the website: https://faithworkconference.ca/
DANCE 9 CLUB: Wednesdays from 2:40 till 3:40 in the studio (band room). All grade 9s are welcome, no pre
- CAREER-LIFE CONNECTIONS: Mr. Tuffin is posting the assignments for Career-life Connections in the Career-life Connections Google Classroom. Be sure to keep up with the assigned work. Assignment 2 is now posted.
- GRADE 12 STUDENTS: Check the Grad 2021 Google classroom for post-secondary information. Remember you can order your Transcripts through the Ministry of Education. Check the link in Mr. Tuffin’s classroom for instructions – Mr. Tuffin.
- APPLICATIONS FOR THE PCS SCHOLARSHIPS AND THE PCS: Foundation Scholarships will be available next week through the Grad 2021 Google Classroom. The application deadline for these is June 11, 3:30 pm. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to be in contact with Mr. Tuffin.
- TIMES COLONIST 10K RUN – We have a small team running the TC10k on Sunday, April 25 around Elk and Beaver Lake. We will meet at the filter bed parking lot at Beaver Lake just before 10 am for warm up, with hopes of starting our run at about 10 am. If you would like to join us, please let either Mr. Mossie or Madame Webster know. Thanks!
- 8 BOYS BB: Practices this week will be on Wednesday and Friday after school (2:45-4:00pm) in the High School gym. Coach Kremler
- LUNCH-TIME OPEN GYM: on your grade-specific day, you are welcome to play in the gym at lunch.
- Grade 10: Mondays; Grade 9: Wednesdays; Grade 8: Thursdays.
- Note that this is an invitation to play an indoor game in the gym, not: eat in the gym, stand in the gym, or hang out in the gym.
- Grade 10’s with P.E. in J4 please do not come into the gym until the end of lunch and are welcomed in.
ITEMS IN THE OFFICE FOR PICK-UP:
- ITEM FOR PICK UP AT THE OFFICE:
- Grade 8: Izaiah P
- Grade 9 Class Binder: Annie J,
PCS COMMUNITY CARE:
- POSSIBLE INDOOR BREAK/LUNCH DAYS: The default for breaks is outdoors; we’ll let you know if the weather requires an indoor break. Please remember classes from other grade cohorts are in process, be aware of the hallway noise levels.
Grade 12: upper floor
Grade 11: middle floor
Grade 10: upper floor
Grade 9: middle floor
Grade 8 Breaks:
Grade 8: Basement or middle floor at morning break,
Gym (at lunch)
Three very important things to note:
1) There are always classes in session when you are on break.
2) Please sit or stand on one side of the hall to allow movement on the other.
3) When you are not eating, please wear your mask.
LOST AND FOUND:
- The Lost and Found is located under the stairs near the Gym Doors.
- To report a missing or found item, please email the details of the item to and contact information to: secondary@pacificchristian prior to 8:40 am.
- FOUND: EAR BUDS: To claim these, drop by the office to give a description of your lost ear buds.
- FOUND: KEY CHAIN: To claim these, drop by the office to give a description of your lost key chain.